martes, 5 de octubre de 2010

It was my favorite September 18...

When I was a girl, about 1994, my aunts (by my mom) wanted to celebrate “Fiestas Patrias” like “God sends”, so they organized a family inn, in the house of one of they, in Villa Alemana (V region, Valparaíso), all the family was invited, and all the family went. It was so funny, we, the cousins were so much younger than now, and our parents too, we had much energy, more time and we hadn’t shame.
.
During the day all the family prepared the food, the games, put the ornaments, all those things… and in the night the party began! My father was the “Member” and he cut the tricolor ribbon to inaugurate the inn, my sister, a cousin and me dress like “chinas” and we were the models, we gave the prizes to who won the each game. All the family played games like “The music chair”, “La Yincana”, “Career Sacks”, between others games. It was my favorite September 18.

But, the time pass, we grew, ours parents are more concentrating in their jobs and the family is more separated. We are all old and we miss all those things, so this September 18, we wanted to do the same. All the family or a good part of it would go to my parent’s beach place. We organized games and we wanted to celebrate for 3 days. It sounded good, but one of my uncles didn’t have enough money to travel and I woke up in September 16 terribly sick, with fever and much bodily pain, so we could not go. But we, like all the years, make empanadas and the family came to visit us. So sometimes,” we propose and God disposes”, the important thing is that we have desire to celebrate and be together. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario